The CSBS Small Grant Program brings together researchers to develop ambitious and innovative research projects that will advance social and behavioral science and show promise for external funding.
Supported by funding from the Office of the Vice Chancellor of Research and Innovation (OVCRI), this program provides researchers a foundation to examine important, unexplored areas in social and behavioral science. Interdisciplinary approaches often yield the most groundbreaking work, thus priority is given to research teams with members from multiple disciplines.
Eligibility & Considerations
Projects are chosen based on:
- Promise for external funding
CSBS small grants:
- may range from $5,000 to $30,000.
- are available to both faculty and staff at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (UIUC).
- are available to researchers at various stages of the research process
- allow project submissions to be accepted on a rolling basis
- has a 12-month project performance period