We have uncovered three main research areas for social and behavioral scientists at Illinois to better understand the effect of technology on society:
- Social science and data science
- Social science and sensors
- The social science of engineering.
Through our small grant program, several projects addressing this grand challenge have been funded. Some examples include:
- Sensors and stress (Children in the Wild: Engineering Tools to Capture Child Development in Real-World Contexts, 2017)
- Creating an app-based platform for social and behavioral experiments in the wild (Behavioral Decision Research—To Go, 2018)
- AI approaches to collating data on police shootings (Harnessing Artificial Intelligence to Document Uses of Lethal Force by Law Enforcement in Nearly Real time: Toward the First Comprehensive National Database of Police Shootings, 2018)
View and search a list of recent publications from University of Illinois investigators.