We are an interdisciplinary center at one of America’s leading research universities dedicated to supporting innovative social and behavioral science from diverse disciplines to address major societal challenges. We are looking for a visionary communications professional to amplify the impact of social and behavioral research at Illinois. If you know what it takes to develop and execute creative communication plans, as well as build strong relationships, we want to hear from you.
Closing date: Sept 5, 2023 | 6 p.m. (CST)
Meaningful and Rewarding Work
The Coordinator will support every part of the CSBS portfolio. In many cases, that means translating curiosity-driven research into community-focused communications. On any given day, you might:
- Develop content to highlight a new research project
- Coordinate announcements and amplify news
- Publicize events and opportunities
- Identify creative ways to connect with key audiences
- Analyze trends to illustrate the impact of social & behavioral research at Illinois
- And more!
Advance Social & Behavioral Science at Illinois
Here are a few highlights:
- Our Small Grant Program supports social and behavioral scientists in working together on cutting edge research to ultimately address societal problems at scale
- The Policy & Research Legislative Fellows Program pairs Illinois graduate students with local legislators to inform public policy and make Illinois a better place to live
- Our Science & Society Initiative helps researchers from across campus bring their research to the public
- We offer a variety of events and workshops to help social and behavioral scientists develop their expertise and collaborate
- We have 130 affiliates from 42 colleges
- We collaborate with many of the other institutes and centers at Illinois
A Thriving Community
Champaign-Urbana is a remarkable place to call home. We’re a friendly, vibrant Midwestern community located in the heart of the Midwest. We’re centrally located between Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis- the perfect distance for a day trip.
With three interstates intersecting in Champaign–Urbana, an Amtrak station, an award-winning Mass Transit System, and Willard Airport- getting around is easy. Our future is bright: Champaign County is investing over $40M in American Rescue Plan funds into expanding broadband access, quality-of-life-centered infrastructure projects, and social programs that strengthen our community.